IT’S LONDON FASHION WEEK AND FRENCH RESTAURANT ANGELUS, HAS AN ‘EN VOGUE’ PROTEIN SECRET EVERY FASHIONISTA NEEDS TO KNOW
With the arrival of London Fashion Week, Angelus restaurant has been inspired to create a ‘Supermodel worthy’ protein packed new French menu. Teeming with French delicacies such as Frogs legs and Snails; you’d be forgiven for initially thinking ‘Non Merci’ but just look at the protein and skin perfecting benefits of these unsung hero ingredients.
A little secret the French have been holding onto? Who knew that Snails and Frog’s legs are packed full of flavour and brimming with nutritional lean qualities.
The exciting new à la Carte menu at Angelus has been revealed this week, formed to flaunt this season’s in mode ingredients, with a fantastic choice of delectable French classics. Take a journey from Britain to France through the perfect fusion of British produce and classic French cuisine to try high protein dishes:
Pan-fried Aylesbury farm snails, Dorset black garlic, grilled baby beetroots, confit chicken wings and fried frogs legs
Just 100g of frog leg meat equates to only 70 calories, this lean meathas one of the highest counts in protein with 16g of protein a tasty alternative to chicken or turkey meat and it’s rich in omega 3.Another hidden gem it seems are snails offering a high source of protein- 16.1g per 100g and just 90 calories. Snails also contain another secret worth notingthe lectin, collagen and elastin in snails helps to hydrate and moisturise the skin as well as promote a healthy immune system.
Also new to the menu is delicious ‘Wagyu Beef’; Angelus restaurant will be one of only a handful of London restaurants to offer ‘Wagyu Beef’. It contains all of the essential amino acids, making it a complete source of protein:
Earl Stoneham farms Wagyu beef fillet, braised shin, fried tongue, salt baked shallot, spiced baby carrots, apple blossom
And to drink renowned owner-Sommelier Thierry Tomasin has devised alow-calorie ‘supermodelcocktail’ for any wannabe waifs:
‘The Angelus Supermodel Champagne Cocktail’
Startthe evening off on a guilt-free pleasurable experience in the bar.After all that calorie counting and healthy eating why not treat yourself to a much-deserved dessert, ‘Size 0’ St Honore it’ll be our little secret shh.
Notes to Editors:
For further information, menus, images, and interviews or to arrange reviews of the restaurant, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 203 632 8402
Mob: +44 (0) 7794 084 443
New A la Carte dishes:
- Frogs Legs -Just 100g of frog leg meat equates to only 70 calories, this lean meat has one of the highest counts in protein with 16g of protein per serving and only 0.3% fat, a tasty alternative to chicken or turkey meat and it’s rich in omega 3.
- Snails offer a high source of protein- 16.1g per 100g and just 90 calories. Snails also contain another secret worth noting for all those wannabe models out there. The lectin, collagen and elastin in snails help to hydrate and moisturise the skin as well as promote a healthy immune system.
- Wagyu Beef – 18 g of protein, 30 to 40% of your protein needs for a day. Wagyu beef contains all of the essential amino acids, making it a complete source of protein. The purest and highest quality of beef available, due to its distinctive marbling with fat, which melts into the meat during the cooking process to produce the sought after taste and succulent melt-in-the-mouth texture.
- Thierry Tomasin’s sleek design and attention to detail are in every aspect of Angelus. The interior – a colour scheme of dark red Chesterfield banquet seating, vintage Belle Époque mirrors, dark mahogany and oak flooring and boutique lounge area for pre or post dinner drinks is set under a warm gold lighting. Vintage images with modern framework play on the theme of Angelus – an alignment of food and wine to indulge the senses.
- The restaurant is perfectly located for private dining and events or launches. It is situated on the border of Bayswater and Paddington, just off Lancaster Gate. Angelus restaurant, a former old pub frequented by characters such as Winston Churchill, is today a well-established ‘Belle Époque’ French Parisian style brasserie, with a well-stocked wine cellars and cosy upstairs restaurant area and lounge. It is a firm local favourite and destination must for International gourmands.
- ANGELUS RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE – 4 BATHURST STREET LONDON W2 2SD –
- Tel: 020 7402 0083
Private Dining can be booked – Tel: 020 7402 0083 (Min spend £500)